- 1Having drops or droplike markings.More example sentences
- Other papulosquamous disorders should be considered in the differential diagnosis, including guttate psoriasis, pityriasis rosea, and discoid lupus erythematosus.
- Usually, guttate psoriasis must be differentiated from pityriasis rosea, another condition characterized by the sudden outbreak of red scaly lesions.
- Other conditions in the differential diagnosis include diffuse nummular eczema, tinea corporis, pityriasis lichenoides, guttate psoriasis, viral exanthem, lichen planus, and medication reaction.
early 19th century: from Latin guttatus 'speckled', from gutta 'a drop'.
More definitions of guttateDefinition of guttate in:
- The British & World English dictionary