- The secretion of droplets of water from the pores of plants.More example sentences
- When pressure was applied to the soil/root system of the intact maize plants, guttation appeared at the leaf margins and indicated that the potential X had been raised, confirming the observations of Passioura.
- Shoot-synthesized CKs, as well as cytokinins which are released at the hydathodes by guttation and are reabsorbed into the phloem, can be transported through the phloem in the root direction.
- Increasing air circulation and lowering humidity will help in controlling guttation as well.
late 19th century: from Latin gutta 'drop' + -ation.
More definitions of guttationDefinition of guttation in:
- The British & World English dictionary