Definition of guzzle in English:
Eat or drink (something) greedily: we guzzle our beer and devour our pizza figurative this car guzzles gas
More example sentences
- She quickly handed out their drinks and watched them guzzle them down, in public they would never attempt to get away with such a thing.
- He splashed some on his face and handed the container to Quinn, who also greedily guzzled the water down.
- A key attraction of hybrids, with oil prices averaging around US $50 a barrel, is that they sip gas rather than guzzle it.
- Example sentences
- Salt Lake earns glowing reviews these days from dog lovers, vegetarians, bookstore browsers, microbrew guzzlers, and especially recreationists.
- For the first time New Zealand has got its pink act together and made a range of food-friendly wines with attitude rather than the wan wee guzzlers of the recent past.
- Agriculture uses over 70 per cent of water, industrial use is growing and cities are becoming big water guzzlers.