Definition of guzzle in English:
Eat or drink (something) greedily: we guzzle our beer and devour our pizza figurative this car guzzles gas
More example sentences
- She quickly handed out their drinks and watched them guzzle them down, in public they would never attempt to get away with such a thing.
- He splashed some on his face and handed the container to Quinn, who also greedily guzzled the water down.
- A key attraction of hybrids, with oil prices averaging around US $50 a barrel, is that they sip gas rather than guzzle it.
- Example sentences
- Salt Lake earns glowing reviews these days from dog lovers, vegetarians, bookstore browsers, microbrew guzzlers, and especially recreationists.
- For the first time New Zealand has got its pink act together and made a range of food-friendly wines with attitude rather than the wan wee guzzlers of the recent past.
- Agriculture uses over 70 per cent of water, industrial use is growing and cities are becoming big water guzzlers.
Words that rhyme with guzzlemuzzle, nuzzle, puzzle
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan