- A person trained in or skilled in gymnastics.More example sentences
- From then on coaches and girls alike realised that a smaller gymnast meant a better gymnast.
- Everyone agrees that Olympic divers and gymnasts are competitive athletes.
- The gymnasts are incredible athletes operating under excruciating pressure.
late 16th century: from French gymnaste or Greek gumnastēs 'trainer of athletes', from gumnazein 'exercise naked' (see gymnasium).
More definitions of gymnastDefinition of gymnast in:
- The British & World English dictionary