- another term for moonrat.More example sentences
- Hedgehogs and gymnures range in size from that of a mouse to a small rabbit.
- Mammalian species include shrews and gymnures, bats, rats, squirrels, ungulates, civet cats and deer.
- Belonging to the same family as hedgehogs and gymnures, the Dinagat moonrat has stiff bristly or spiny fur on its back, which is generally golden brown with black speckling.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Gymnura (former genus name), from Greek gumnos 'naked' + oura 'tail'.
More definitions of gymnureDefinition of gymnure in:
- The British & World English dictionary