- A tussock moth having a brown male and larger white female. The caterpillar can be a serious pest of orchards and woodland.
More example sentences
- Lymantria dispar, family Lymantriidae
- Over the past 100 years, more than 20 biocontrol fly species have been released in Massachusetts for a variety of pests, including the browntail moth, the gypsy moth, and the Japanese beetle.
- Other pests include gypsy moth caterpillars, gall midge, and scale.
- The caterpillars of the gypsy moth are destructive defoliators that feed primarily on oak trees causing growth loss, crown dieback, and tree mortality.
More definitions of gypsy mothDefinition of gypsy moth in:
- The British & World English dictionary