Definition of gyrfalcon in English:
The largest falcon, found in arctic regions and occurring in several color forms, one of which is mainly white.
- Falco rusticolus, family Falconidae
- They've both become superb birders, too, able to distinguish in a wing beat, for example, a gyrfalcon from a peregrine falcon during a brief aerial tussle.
- Adam and his team of falconers use predatory birds like gyrfalcons, eagles, and peregrine falcons to clear the air.
- Its cliffs and valleys are habitat for peregrine falcons and endangered gyrfalcon, while its tidal flats and river mouths attract huge numbers of migrating birds and waterfowl.
Definition of gyrfalcon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.