noun (plural gyros)
- short for gyroscope or gyrocompass.More example sentences
- Specialist stands test fuel control units, oil pumps, rate sensors and gyros, turret controls and Electronic Control Units (ECUs).
- If autopilot performance is important in the way you use your boat you may wish to inquire about the availability of a gyro sensor for your existing pilot.
- The mirror surface of the ball doubles as a solar collector, and everything, the radio control, the laser, targeting, gyros, inertialess drive, all run off the battery.
noun (plural gyros)North American
- A sandwich made with slices of spiced meat cooked on a spit, served with salad in pita bread.More example sentences
- Sophal cooks the burgers, gyros, and steaks; Tevy rings you up, puts together the salads, brings the hot food to your table.
- The food is good and cheap; I usually get a gyro or a slice of sausage pizza with a root beer.
- The name has the sound of an early twentieth-century blood-boosting medicine, or of a modern, health-food take on the Greek sandwich, the gyro.
1970s: from modern Greek guros 'turning'.