Definition of habitable in English:
Suitable or good enough to live in.
- It's a gigantic ball of fire which supposedly warms the Earth enough to make it habitable for life.
- That we live in a habitable universe of course is a selection effect.
- We may well be living in a habitable portion of an infinite and random universe whose initial state obeyed no laws of Nature at all.
- Example sentences
- Over-consumption, pollution, the loss of species and habitats, and mismanagement of natural resources are undermining global habitability.
- They come away with an appreciation of their planet and the complex systems on Earth that support human habitability.
- The edibility of a planet's plant life is one of the factors of habitability.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan