- 1A person who uses computers to gain unauthorized access to data.More example sentences
- If you're accessing the Internet without properly securing your computer, hackers can gain illegal access to your files-often without your knowledge.
- The worm opens a backdoor onto infected computers which allows hackers to gain access.
- If run, a remote access component allows hackers to gain remote access to infected computers.
- 1.1 • informal An enthusiastic and skillful computer programmer or user.More example sentences
- While some home users, hackers and hobbyists have switched to Linux or other Open Source software, businesses seem to have been more cautious.
- The program is innovative, clever, a pleasure to work with and one of the rare open-source projects designed with end users, not just hackers, in mind.
- Although the software is generally excellent, it requires an experienced UNIX / web/database hacker to use and modify it.