(also hadada ibis)
A large gray-brown African ibis with iridescent patches on the wings and a loud, harsh call.
- Bostrychia (or Hagedashia) hagedash, family Threskiornithidae
More example sentences
- The hadada ibis is surrounded by many legends among African communities.
- Jo'burgers know hadedas well: they are often woken in the mornings by the loud ha-ha-ha-dahah of the large, dull-grey bird with its striking curved beak.
- Early-morning dew, mist on the mountains, the usual 3-pack of hadedas flying overhead calling loudly on their way to their day-jobs.
late 18th century: imitative of its call.
Definition of hadada in:
- The British & World English dictionary