verb[no object] Back to top
- (Of a shaft, vein, or fault) incline from the vertical: it was hading eighteen inches for every fathom in depthMore example sentences
- We dropped down to a lower level were we encountered a hading (inclined from the vertical) fault plane which was rather awkward and tiring as we were walking at an angle!
- After a short while we entered a fine hading rift, which we followed until the way on, became too low.
- Down to the right a small hole disappears into a hading rift.
late 17th century: perhaps a dialect form of the verb head.
More definitions of hadeDefinition of hade in:
- The British & World English dictionary