- The name formerly proposed by the American Chemical Society for the chemical element of atomic number 105 ( dubnium), and by IUPAC for element 108 ( hassium).More example sentences
- The heaviest element whose discovery has been previously confirmed is element 105, hahnium.
- The name ‘bohrium ‘was recommended for 107 (instead of GSI's choice of nielsbohrium), and ‘hahnium ‘for 108 (instead of GSI's choice of hassium).’
- Some scientists still use the earlier name of hahnium because it had been used for about 25 years.
1970s: named in honor of O. Hahn (see Hahn, Otto).
More definitions of hahniumDefinition of hahnium in:
- The British & World English dictionary