Definition of hair grass in English:
A slender-stemmed grass of temperate and cool regions.
- Deschampsia, Aira, and other genera, family Gramineae
- High above tree line, this renegade group had survived nicely on a diet of heather, trailing azalea, tufted hair grass, and the leaves and stems of cowberries and blueberries.
- Marshall suggests that climatic factors restrict the distribution of the grey hair grass to the south of this isotherm because the grass cannot germinate or flower in areas affected by low temperatures.
- Crested hair grass has no special soil requirements and is therefore not sensitive to aridity.
Definition of hair grass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.