- 1A physician using traditional remedies in India and Muslim countries.[from Arabic ḥakīm 'wise man, physician']More example sentences
- Of those women who had reproductive health problems and availed treatment, over 7.5 per cent took the advice of private valid hakim healer.
- The family also consulted their local hakim, who said there was no health problem and he need not undergo any treatment.
- Though Britishers believed in allopathic treatment, tabibs and hakims earned a respectful place by treating major illness which surprised allopathic doctors.
- 2A judge, ruler, or governor in India and Muslim countries.[from Arabic ḥākim 'ruler']More example sentences
- By the same token, the marriages performed by wali hakim appointed by the government were then accepted as lawful.
- However, a hukm can only be issued by the hakim and it is to be observed by other jursiprudents and their followers, and even supersedes their own fatwas.
More definitions of hakimDefinition of hakim in:
- The British & World English dictionary