- (Of an animal) having one pure-bred parent.More example sentences
- But perhaps the greatest beneficiary of all has been the Irish half-bred mare whose future in the mid-1900s looked extremely bleak.
- Epistolaire will stand for $1,370 for Thoroughbred mares and $896 for half-bred mares at Haras de La Haie Neuve.
- In the late 1860s and 1870s half-bred sheep were produced with English and Border Leicester and Lincoln rams and Merino ewes.
nounBack to top
- An animal having one pure-bred parent.More example sentences
- They were as much a part of their Magyar felver - Hungarian half-breds - as centaurs.
- The breeding of half-breds is a lottery, in which the percentage of prizes is small.
- A comparison of 75 per cent, 62.5 per cent and half-bred lambs showed no difference between the first two, but the half-breds were 26 per cent lighter at both weaning and 11 months of age.