- Denoting a drink of coffee with regular and decaffeinated coffee mixed in equal parts, so as to make coffee with half the normal level of caffeine: a half-caf latteMore example sentences
- She jumped up to take pictures of passing boats and sipped on a half-caf iced soy latte.
- Greenwald informs her readers that the couple served half-caf vanilla lattes at their wedding reception.
- My respect—not to mention awe—grows by the second as Denny, Moira & Co dish out the half caf half decaf triple semi-skimmed extra hot mochas or triple espresso companas with an ease bordering on the nonchalant.
nounBack to top
- A drink of coffee made using regular and decaffeinated coffee mixed in equal parts: he’s down to about one cup of half-caf a day customers queued up for morning lattes, half-cafs, and mochasMore example sentences
- Meanwhile, next door at Seattle's Best Coffee, a steady stream of customers orders lattes and half-cafs.
- I have been doing half-cafs in the am, but it's going to be really hard to cut out the mid morning coffee and mid afternoon tea.
- Being on decaf (ok, I cheat in the mornings with half cafs) for the time being, I need milk in my cup.