- (Of a plant) able to grow outdoors at all times except in severe frost: a half-hardy annualMore example sentences
- They raise roughly 4,500 hardy and half-hardy annual bedding plants each year from seed for containers and various areas of the garden including the box parterre.
- Many pinks are hardy perennials, while others are half-hardy and grown as annuals.
- Begin to harden off half-hardy plants in a cold frame or tucked under a sheltering wall outside.
More definitions of half-hardyDefinition of half-hardy in:
- The British & World English dictionary