- 1 (also half an hour) A period of thirty minutes: a slide show presented every half hourMore example sentences
- They had just been walking around for the past half-hour looking for a way out.
- Nevertheless, having more than survived the following half-hour, next day you want to do it again.
- The entire sequence takes a good half-hour of screen time, by the end of which you are entirely confused.
- 1.1A point in time thirty minutes after any full hour of the clock: the library clock struck the half hourMore example sentences
- But when he did manage to slip his patrol, near the half-hour, he set up a chance for strike partner Juan Sara.
- They went ahead through a fantastic 20-yard strike from Colin Hunter on the half-hour.
- John Toft cut the arrears on the half-hour and two minutes later Stephen Hutt levelled the game.
- More example sentences
- The train company says business has rocketed since it introduced a half-hourly train service last September using tilting Pendolino trains travelling at up to 125 mph.
- On August 30 our No 15 made its last half-hourly run down Green Lane and was replaced on September 2 by an hourly service, the No 17.
- It was announced last week that an improved half-hourly service would run between Bolton and Middlebrook to replace the 127 but no new service has been offered to Westhoughton.
More definitions of half hourDefinition of half hour in:
- The British & World English dictionary