- 1A canopy extending over half the length of a bed.More example sentences
- My bed had a fruity garland carved in the footboard and a half-tester dripping with lace overhead.
- This had been Toby's room, so it was furnished with a tapestry half-tester over the king-size bed.
- 1.1A bed with a canopy extending over half the length of the bed.More example sentences
- It dates from 1350, and it feels like it: no trendy urban chic here, but four-posters and half-testers, high beamed ceilings and a profusion of heraldic crests on bare stone walls (they're 7ft thick, you know).
- Visitors can choose rooms with four poster, half-tester or antique brass beds and all are decorated to a very high standard.
- Just visible in the photograph is the foot of an American half-tester cherry bed of about 1850, which was part of the furnishings at Lochinvar plantation in Pontotoc County, Mississippi.
More definitions of half-testerDefinition of half-tester in:
- The British & World English dictionary