Having walls with a timber frame and a brick or plaster filling.
- But Space House is not remotely like any of its brick or half-timbered neighbours.
- I had tried to think of it as little as possible, but now that I searched for words all that came to me were pictures, images of tree-lined walkways, half-timbered houses, narrow streets and secret stairways.
- Treven Hall had been an Elizabethan, half-timbered manor house.
- Example sentences
- Progressive houses combined the now-familiar techniques of specialized domestic planning with motifs from English vernacular buildings such as half-timbering, tile-hanging, inglenooks, and romantically tall chimneys.
- Most Tudor homes have stucco or masonry exteriors accented by ornamental half-timbering, massive chimneys and steep gable roofs.
- The traditional habitat of the Alsatian lowland is constituted of houses constructed with walls in half-timbering and cob and roofing in flat tiles.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of half-timbered in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.