- A statement that conveys only part of the truth, especially one used deliberately in order to deceive someone.More example sentences
- There is more than one way not to tell the truth: half-truths, omissions and deliberate ambiguities can be just as effective as crude lies if the mission is to mislead.
- The probe had to look into a plethora of truths, half-truths, hearsay, gossip and rumours, the minister said.
- If this does not happen, then the values and truths a writer seeks to convey remain half-truths and half lies.
More definitions of half-truthDefinition of half-truth in:
- The British & World English dictionary