- 1An offensive back usually positioned behind the quarterback and to the side of the fullback.More example sentences
- At Notre Dame, Hornung played quarterback, halfback and fullback.
- The Downtown Athletic Club officially lists the Ohio State Buckeye as a quarterback / halfback.
- Before Toombs showed up looking like a guard, there was debate about whether he was best suited to play halfback or fullback at the next level.
- 1.1A usually defensive player in a ball game such as soccer or field hockey whose position is between the line or the forward.More example sentences
- Hockey should follow suit with special coaches for goalkeepers, defenders, halfbacks and forwards.
- This has been a continuation of an age-old argument in New Zealand rugby history when two halfbacks of similar class have been available.
- From a rugby league point of view, if you talk mentors the biggest impact on me was Ricky Stuart, he was awesome and reinvented the way a halfback plays rugby league.
More definitions of halfbackDefinition of halfback in:
- The British & World English dictionary