Definition of Hall of Fame in English:
1.1 [as noun] chiefly North American A memorial commemorating the achievements of a particular group of people, especially athletes in a specified sport: he was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame
More example sentences
- She has been inducted into six Halls of Fame, including the International Swimming Hall of Fame.
- Wilkinson is the only individual to be inducted into the NRHA, AQHA, and NCHA Halls of Fame.
- This year there are eight category awards, a Hall of Fame and an Overall Winner.
- Hall of Famer noun
- Example sentences
- There are also hundreds of historic photos of baseball greats from every era, including many of Yogi with other Hall of Famers and several American presidents.
- It's time now to welcome a few more voices to a stage that, with the apparent retirement of a hip-hop Hall of Famer, is wide open.
- Mr. Erving is a basketball Hall of Famer and currently one of NBA's ambassadors for the Finals.
Definition of Hall of Fame in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.