A small settlement, generally one smaller than a village.
More example sentences
- The Slovak settlement pattern includes hamlets or colonies, villages, towns, and cities.
- In northern Sweden it was not uncommon for a dozen or more villages and hamlets to share a church.
- Clémence Massart has been bringing Éigse out of the galleries and into the towns and villages and hamlets of Carlow this week.
Hamlet without the Prince
- A performance or event taking place without the principal actor or central figure.More example sentences
- ‘I want people to watch this film as they would watch Hamlet without the Prince of Denmark in it,’ he says, adding later that ‘the anger in me is now gone’.
- Still without ace marksman we were a Shakesperean version of Hamlet without the Prince, and only in his absence could one come to fully appreciate the enormous impact he had on the game until the point of his withdrawal.
- It's a bit like Hamlet without the Prince - less than 18 days away from the biggest GAA extravaganza to hit Sligo in many years.