Definition of hamster in English:
A solitary burrowing rodent with a short tail and large cheek pouches for carrying food, native to Europe and northern Asia.
- Subfamily Cricetinae, family Muridae: several genera and species, in particular the golden hamster (Mesocricetus auratus), often kept as a pet or laboratory animal, and the common hamster (Cricetus cricetus)
- Most people are familiar with mice, rats, hamsters, and guinea pigs, which are commonly kept as pets.
- Donkeys, dogs, gerbils, hamsters, rabbits, parrots and newts are most likely to get a present.
- In case you ever have a problem identifying rodents again, hamsters are cute and stuff food into their cheeks.
Definition of hamster in:
- British & World English dictionary