noun (plural hamuli /-ˌlī, -ˌlē/)Anatomy & Zoology
- A small hook or hooklike projection, especially one of a number linking the fore- and hind wings of a bee or wasp.More example sentences
- It arises from the ulna, on its medial or volar surface, and is inserted onto the pisiform bone, the hamulus, the proximal end of the fifth metacarpal, the capsule of carpal articulations, or abductor digiti quinti.
- An enlarged hamulus may articulate with the maxillary process of the zygomatic bone.
- The maxillary process may articulate with the lacrimal hamulus.
early 18th century: from Latin, diminutive of hamus 'hook'.
More definitions of hamulusDefinition of hamulus in:
- The British & World English dictionary