- (Of a person) feed and care for (a young animal) until it is fully grown: the baby gorillas were hand-reared by zookeepers after being rejected by their mothers (as adj hand-reared) hand-reared pheasantsMore example sentences
- A maximum of six chicks were hand-reared at any given time.
- The piglets, who have been rejected by their mother, are being hand-reared at the school.
- Farmers could find themselves breaking the new rules by moving young stock, including pet lambs which need hand-rearing.
More definitions of hand-rearDefinition of hand-rear in:
- The British & World English dictionary