1A game similar to squash in which a ball is hit with the hand in a walled court.
- The club invites the public to come along and see the refurbished main hall and the racquetball, handball and squash courts.
- Those who wish to book the main hall, handball/racketball court and Games room can do so now.
- We played handball against the wall that had NO BALL PLAYING spray painted across its surface.
1.1 (also team handball) A team game similar to soccer in which the ball is thrown or hit with the hands rather than kicked.
- No data are available on the return rate after an ACL injury among elite athletes in a pivoting sport such as team handball.
- Nah, I always cry when Slovenia beats Denmark in team handball.
- The highest incidence is seen in adolescents playing pivoting sports such as football, basketball, and team handball.
1.2The ball used in games of handball.
- What he saw was that of a girl leaping high in the air reaching for a handball.
- A blocked handball right on the edge of the box by an East Belfast player was followed by a blatant trip as Ian Smith threatened to burst past the penalty spot.
- And Toby McGrath slips a handball to Matthew Clucas in the Fremantle derby.
2 Soccer Touching of the ball with the hand or arm, constituting a foul.
- Manchester City's goal keeper Carlo Nash will miss the game against Chelsea next month after being sent off for deliberate handball in the reserve-team game with Everton.
- Andy Scott was penalised for handball and Mike Kewley's kick was hard and low - but Speare pushed the ball onto the post and the defence did the rest.
- Ks still tried to get an equaliser and there was a big shout for handball against Mangdoza from Lee's free kick.
Definition of handball in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.