Definition of handcraft in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective handcrafted)
Make skillfully by hand: a handcrafted rocking chair
More example sentences
- Applique, beadwork and silk thread are used to embroider these handcrafted articles, with camel hide being the main item for leatherwork.
- Each member of the band was presented with a specially designed candleholder handcrafted by Forkin and Brennan at their workshop at Bert Cross.
- The limitations of this ultimately low-tech, handcrafted sophistication are apparent, though.
nounBack to top
another term for handicraft.
- Throughout her life also, she created many articles of craftsmanship in knitting, sewing and other handcrafts.
- In fact, primary and some secondary schools had practical subjects workshops for handcrafts, woodwork and bricklaying.
- Its leaves are used to cook and transport food, to make baskets and handcrafts, and it is even used to produce liquor.
Words that rhyme with handcraftbackdraft • aircraft
Definition of handcraft in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan