Definition of handgrip in English:
1A handle for holding onto something.
- In operations during hours of darkness, enemy positions were marked using the 9mm laser mounted on the handgrip of the 9mm pistol.
- The proportions were odd, with cut-down stocks and a smaller handgrip to accommodate shorter trigger fingers.
- A brass plate on the underside of the handgrip handle reads: Patented Dec.8, 1883.
2A grasp with the hand, especially considered in terms of its strength, as in a handshake.
- Free-testosterone concentrations did not correlate with handgrip or quadriceps muscle strength or endurance.
- Strength and endurance of handgrip were tested in 9 hypogonadal and 10 eugonadal patients.
- Isometric handgrip exercise seems to significantly reduce systolic blood pressure and carotid arterial distensibility.
Definition of handgrip in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India