Definition of handicapper in English:
1A person appointed to assign or assess a competitor’s handicap, especially in golf or horse racing.
- Only 32, Sherman already has put in eight years at the Las Vegas sports books, and is likely the most knowledgeable golf handicapper in the country.
- The disproportionately valuable Fred Winter Hurdle took the Pertemps' Tuesday slot because the official handicappers insisted the juvenile handicap was run before the Triumph.
- The horse-race handicapper is not in there, but the press does it.
1.1 [usually in combination] A person or horse having a specified handicap: a three-handicapper
More example sentences
- He's a one handicapper at his local golf course where he just won the club championship.
- Upon the restart more than an hour later, the sombre and saturated conditions witnessed some excellent golf from the higher handicappers with the veteran Ed Trayling heading division two with level par 36 points.
- Most high handicappers pick the club straight up in the backswing and make a chopping motion in the downswing.
Words that rhyme with handicapperkidnapper
Definition of handicapper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan