Definition of handling in English:
1The act of taking or holding something in the hands.
- And depleted uranium seemed harmless in routine handling - until several Italian soldiers who served in the Balkans died of leukemia.
- And, because I had engineered his abduction, participated in the handling of his person and drove the car, I was the arch villain of his ruined day.
- Neil meets some pigeons at the banding station - all of whom never get harmed by hawks during banding due to protective leather jackets and expert handling by hawk banders.
1.1The packaging and labeling of something to be shipped.
- Lengths vary with application and convenience of handling and shipping.
- The remote is a free upgrade, but shipping and handling is not covered.
- When you customized your cabinets you may get charged for shipping, handling and installation.
Definition of handling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia