1Written by hand with the letters individually formed.
- The college had just given him an honorary luncheon for his eightieth birthday, which was in 1959, and he had presented them with a precious hand-printed book by William Blake.
- Griff sends me the hand-printed birth announcement he promised after I gave him some feedback on the design.
- This means that she can recognise hand-printed cards.
2Of or bearing a design printed by hand.
- The first winner is textile designer Ciaran Sweeney whose hand-printed silk and velour drapes and capes have become a favourite with President Mary McAleese, The Corrs and Moya Brennan of Clannad.
- After going through a hand-printed silkscreen process, each individual piece of art is meticulously cut, glued, glittered and assembled, all by hand.
- In Coimbatore, the most popular items are hand-printed textiles… the sarees with rich borders… and the clothes with zari embroidery done by hand.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.