The practice of promoting books by personal recommendation rather than by publisher-sponsored marketing.
- Many booksellers serve as patron saints of favorite authors, but Susan Wasson of Bookworks in Albuquerque, New Mexico, went beyond typical high-volume handselling with Kris Radish's Elegant Gathering of White Snows.
- [with object]Example sentences
- The School was handselled with two unique archival gifts.
- The Borders nearest my house handsells my books, so do some of the mystery indies around the country.
- He needed to get out from behind the chair, talk to staff, talk to customers, and handsell his books.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of handselling in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.