Definition of handselling in English:
The practice of promoting books by personal recommendation rather than by publisher-sponsored marketing.
- Many booksellers serve as patron saints of favorite authors, but Susan Wasson of Bookworks in Albuquerque, New Mexico, went beyond typical high-volume handselling with Kris Radish's Elegant Gathering of White Snows.
- [with object]Example sentences
- The School was handselled with two unique archival gifts.
- The Borders nearest my house handsells my books, so do some of the mystery indies around the country.
- He needed to get out from behind the chair, talk to staff, talk to customers, and handsell his books.
Definition of handselling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan