1A mobile phone: many stolen handsets are believed to end up in Eastern Europe
More example sentences
- Finally, once you have upgraded to a slinky new model, put your old handset to good use via a recycling scheme.
- Cell-phone penetration is staggering: More than 400 million handsets were sold last year.
- The world's flashiest mobile phone makers met in the south of France last week to unveil their latest handsets.
1.1The part of a telephone that is held up to speak into and listen to.
- He's devised a way to hook up vintage telephone handsets to a standard cell phone.
- It's almost as impressive as these mobile phone handsets modeled on old Bakelite telephones from the 1950s.
- These are transmitters that use radio waves to communicate with mobile phone handsets.
1.2A handheld controller for a piece of electronic equipment, such as a television or video recorder.
- This locking device can be released by car park porters who will be carrying two handsets called cart controllers.
- If Microsoft controls the handset, it tightens its grip on all the other pieces.
- In other words, the handset makers and network equipment vendors are in for years of tough negotiations.
Definition of handset in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.