- An acrobatic jump through the air onto one’s hands followed by springing onto one’s feet.More example sentences
- In the vault, for instance, she performed the Tsukahara, a sideways handspring with back somersault which, until recently, was only ever executed by the men.
- Sun Xiaojiao of China earned the day's high score, with a routine that included a one-arm back handspring, back handspring, layout to two feet.
- Rice said she felt the vault was extremely suitable for the Yurchenko-style vaults, where the gymnast does a round-off onto the board and a back handspring onto the horse.
More definitions of handspringDefinition of handspring in:
- The British & World English dictionary