Definition of handwriting in English:
1Writing with a pen or pencil.
- It's a page torn from a school notebook, slanting scrawled handwriting on it.
- Alert as ever he wrote me an interesting letter in copperplate handwriting.
- Zoom in on the pages - read Leonardo's handwriting [handy mirror tool supplied].
1.1A person’s particular style of writing: her handwriting was small and neat
More example sentences
- And the style of your handwriting at that point of time could bare your soul in the presence of others.
- The handwriting and style were that of a class geek that Jeremy probably bullied into writing.
- Style, flair, neatness and layout of handwriting are the criteria that judges use to assess the entries.
the handwriting (or writing) is on the wall
- There are clear signs that something unpleasant or unwelcome is going to happen: the handwriting was on the wall for the old system[with biblical allusion to Dan. 5:5, 25–8]More example sentences
- I have to ask, Senator McConnell, if the handwriting is on the wall, then why wait until September?
- Mitch McConnell thinks ‘that the handwriting is on the wall that we are going in a different direction in the fall, and I expect the president to lead it.’
- And yet, as with the eventual victory of packet switching over dedicated circuits for voice and data traffic, the handwriting is on the wall.
Words that rhyme with handwritingscreenwriting
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan