- 1Loiter; wait around: undercover officers spent most of their time hanging around barsMore example sentences
- So you don't believe in hanging around waiting for something big to come your way?
- Some bored looking folks were hanging about as if waiting for a protest to happen.
- I hang around, waiting for other parents or teachers to clear up the story for me.
- 2 (hang around with) Associate with (someone): he never hangs around with that gangMore example sentences
- We're very pleased the police caught somebody and the fact that he went to court will make an example of him to the people he hangs around with.
- The guy hangs around with very shady characters everywhere he goes.
- She's been very canny about who she's been hanging around with and where she's been over the past few months.
More definitions of hang aroundDefinition of hang around in:
- The British & World English dictionary