Definition of hang together in English:
1Make sense; be consistent: it helps the speech to hang together
More example sentences
- His interpretation and speculation hang together, make sense, and are consistent with the sources.
- That book might have been more fluffy than this one but at least it hung together and made some sense.
- They want information that hangs together, that makes sense, that has some degree of order to it.
2(Of people) remain associated; help or support each other.
- Travel and hospitality was a way of life among the Elizabethan Catholic nobility who hung together for mutual support.
- It is too much to expect individuals to thwart the intentions of a closely knit, overwhelmingly dominating force which knows it must either hang together or be hanged together.
- There are signs of the premiers now working together and hanging together, notwithstanding the traditional ‘divide and rule’ tactics of the Feds.
Definition of hang together in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.