- British Harshly or unfairly treated: she would be justified in feeling hard done byMore example sentences
- Faced with the complex task of establishing which party is telling the truth, family court judges tend to defer to the mother, leaving fathers feeling hard done by and resentful.
- Several other players can feel hard done by to not make the shortlist but, after such a fine team performance, picking three players out was a near-impossible task.
- ‘I'm fed up feeling hard done by because we have only ourselves to blame,’ said Williamson.
More definitions of hard done byDefinition of hard done by in:
- The British & World English dictionary