- 1Having sharply defined edges.More example sentences
- Lastly, a cleanly delineated arrow shows the way, forcefully directing the view diagonally across the picture surface in a delicate balance between lyricism and hard-edged abstraction.
- Like hard-edged pieces by Hans Hoffman, the large works on panel - with musical names like Kumari and Tagar - allude to doors of perception as much as to real doors.
- Light casts shadows as hard-edged as any concrete barrier in this world.
- 2Having an intense, tough, or sharp quality: hard-edged urban filmsMore example sentences
- He's turned away from some legal recommendations that maybe a hard-edged person or just a lawyer would have said, ‘Do it because you can win,’ because he thought it was either too divisive or it would take too long.
- To this non-WASP, it seems that Cooper's type, a blunt, intelligent, hard-edged WASP aristocrat, is immensely rarer in today's America than was so even a couple of generations ago.
- ‘Cereal Box Conspiracy’ includes hard-edged rock guitar, but still doesn't give up the inherent danceability that runs throughout the album.