Definition of hard fern in English:
A European fern of heathy places, with long, narrow, leathery fronds consisting of a row of thin lobes on each side of the stem.
- Blechnum spicant, family Blechnaceae
- In addition to the fir trees there are rowan, macrocarpa, eucalyptus and larch, and some native plants such as hard fern, matagouri, tussock, manuka, coprosma, and dracophyllum (the grass tree).
- The hard fern is one of the few plants which remain green throughout the winter.
- Navelwort, mosses and hard ferns grow on the ‘ditches’, the word use in Ireland for field walls.
Definition of hard fern in:
- British & World English dictionary