- 1Baseball, especially as contrasted with softball.More example sentences
- Eyewear is required in softball and hardball, singles and doubles.
- Still, the White Sox were a delight, baseball players playing country hardball.
- Last year they moved the tournament to the Shore Racquet Club a few miles south in Somers Point and played hardball on softball courts.
- 1.1 • informal Uncompromising and ruthless methods or dealings, especially in politics: the leadership played hardball to win the voteMore example sentences
- But Angelos, one of the nation's leading labor attorneys, protracts most of his baseball negotiations, playing hardball with employees who can pursue better options.
- ‘They play hardball, we play softball,’ Gore campaign manager Donna Brazile added.
- Still, it wasn't hard to grasp the meeting's big theme, a bitter game of hardball between the haves and have-nots.
More definitions of hardballDefinition of hardball in:
- The British & World English dictionary