- Stiff board made of compressed and treated wood pulp.More example sentences
- It is harder than particle board or hardboard, and can be cut like plywood although it isn't as strong as plywood.
- Find a board onto which to glue the puzzle, such as Masonite or hardboard.
- Cotton canvas has become more popular than linen, being particularly suited to the use of acrylic primers and paints, and plywood and compressed wood fibre boards, such as hardboard, have largely replaced timber for making panels.
More definitions of hardboardDefinition of hardboard in:
- The British & World English dictionary