- The placement of nonplant elements such as fences, walkways, paving, and lighting in a planned outdoor area.More example sentences
- Except where there are doors leading outside, don't install paving or other ground-level hardscaping right up to your home's exterior walls.
- Often, the easiest way to create a retreat in the backyard is to extend the living space immediately outside the house with hardscaping, then screen off the resulting outdoor room with a vertical structure.
- And we felt that using stone and natural wood for the hardscaping - the paths, walls, arbors, bridges - was the best way to do that.
More definitions of hardscapingDefinition of hardscaping in:
- The British & World English dictionary