Definition of hardwired in English:
1Involving or achieved by permanently connected circuits.
- In electronic jargon we can imagine that it is a hard-wired input - output circuit.
- Once you see the wireless network as your platform, rather than a specific hard-wired device like the PC, all sorts of things become possible.
- The confluence of the convention, various interest groups and the debut of the hard-wired interconnect in Philadelphia has led to an unexpected amount of political advertising for Comcast over the past few months.
1.1 informal Genetically determined or compelled: fear is hardwired in our brain
More example sentences
- But does this tell us anything about genetic hard-wired distinctions?
- Is this website designed for some sort of male hard-wired brain phenomenon?
- Nobody should be foolish enough to suggest that there aren't some hard-wired genetic predispositions in gender.
- hardwire verb
- Example sentences
- A clampdown involving stripping the sockets out, hard-wiring in a single electric kettle - and forcing customers to pay a £5 breakage deposit for the crockery - helped cut the bill to under £6,000 this year.
- Secondly, the draft constitution builds on the 1985 Single European Act and the Maastricht Treaty of 1991 in hard-wiring free-market neo-liberal economics into the workings of the EU.
- Adopters are actually hard-wiring some web services together or using Light Weight Directory Access based directories instead of UDDI directories to hold web services data.
- hardwiring noun
- Example sentences
- He believes that evolution is largely responsible for our hardwiring.
- We can bring in new circuitry and upload new programs, but, in my experience, the hard-wiring is always there.
- This means that an individual animal could learn from their experiences by adjusting or adding to its hard-wiring.
Definition of hardwired in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.