- 1A perennial plant that can survive outside unprotected over the winter.More example sentences
- Columbines are a very hardy perennial and will thrive in all zones in the United States, as well as in temperate areas in other parts of the world.
- Even hardy perennials, trees, and shrubs cannot tolerate completely frozen roots.
- As soon as the snow melts (and sometimes even earlier) these hardy perennials spring into action.
- 2 • informal A thing that recurs continually or at regular intervals: political humor will always be among the hardy perennials of late-night TVMore example sentences
- This topic has become a hardy perennial amongst the Boyz, and has generated much heated commentary.
- One thing that the Olympics have always provided is that hardy perennial known as the ‘feel-good story.’
- There is also that hardy perennial of Labour's own selection battles, and McLeish is going to have to handle some unpleasant skirmishes in the run-up to May 2003.
More definitions of hardy perennialDefinition of hardy perennial in:
- The British & World English dictionary