Definition of hare wallaby in English:
A small, agile, fast-moving Australian wallaby with orange rings of fur around the eyes.
- Genera Lagorchestes and Lagostrophus, family Macropodidae: several species
- When a rufous hare wallaby is disturbed in the burrow, it will jump out quickly and try to escape.
- The banded hare wallaby was once common over the semi-arid regions of southern Western Australia.
- Banded hare wallabies currently live on uninhabited islands, so they have little interaction with humans.
Definition of hare wallaby in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India