Definition of hare wallaby in English:
A small, agile, fast-moving Australian wallaby with orange rings of fur around the eyes.
- Genera Lagorchestes and Lagostrophus, family Macropodidae: several species
- When a rufous hare wallaby is disturbed in the burrow, it will jump out quickly and try to escape.
- The banded hare wallaby was once common over the semi-arid regions of southern Western Australia.
- Banded hare wallabies currently live on uninhabited islands, so they have little interaction with humans.
Definition of hare wallaby in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.