- A hot sauce or paste used in North African cuisine, made from chili peppers, paprika, and olive oil.More example sentences
- In the past two weeks I have barbecued skinny lamb chops marinated in spicy harissa, Greek sausages, calamari and some beautiful little sardines.
- A little ready-made harissa (hot chilli paste) will turn up the heat, Lamour-style.
- Whether it's kimchi in Korea, harissa in Tunisia, or achar in India, spicy condiments remain constant in the daily meals of very different countries.
More definitions of harissaDefinition of harissa in:
- The British & World English dictionary